Uses of Tadalafil
Tadalafil is used for:
- Treating erectile dysfunction or ED in men
- Treating the symptoms of an enlarged prostate gland, such as needing to pass urine more frequently
How does it work?
The brand Cialis is a very effective erection drug It contains the active ingredient Tadalafil. Vidalista is the only PDE5 inhibitor that treats both erectile dysfunction and symptoms of an enlarged prostate. It can be quite expensive, but this will allow you to be more spontaneous before sex.
As a PDE5 inhibitor, Tadalafil helps you have erections and maintain them by preventing the enzyme PDE5 from breaking down cyclic GMP, which helps relax muscles and increase blood flow. Cyclic GMP is responsible for widening and relaxing the smooth muscle in the penis, allowing more blood to enter. It allows the blood vessels in the penis to stay dilated longer, improving the blood flow and producing an erection longer.
How much Tadalafil to take?
Take 10mg or 20 mg on an “as needed” basis for erectile dysfunction. Take it at least 30 minutes before sexual activity. One dose is enough to produce an erection along with sexual stimulation for up to 36 hours. Do not take more than one tablet a day. It should not be taken every day continuously.
You may also take Tadalafil once a day at a lower dose (2.5mg or 5mg) without regard to the timing of sexual activity. If you are taking it regularly, take it at around the same time each day. If you are taking 5mg in treating the symptoms of an enlarged prostate, take one tablet a day. Take it exactly as directed and at the same time each day.
How quickly does Tadalafil work?
It generally works within 16-45 minutes after intake, but it may take longer for some people. On average, it can take up to 2 hours for full effect.
How long does Tadalafil last?
Tadalafil can last for up to 36 hours. It can maintain an erection even after ejaculation. However, if an erection lasts longer than 4 hours, then something is wrong. Seek medical help right away.
Tips for taking Tadalafil safely and effectively
- Do not take it if you are taking medications like nitrate for chest pain or heart problem. Taking Tadalafil with a nitrate medicine can cause a severe and sudden decrease in blood pressure.
- The use of Tadalafil will not protect you against sexually transmitted diseases such as gonorrhea, HIV, hepatitis, and syphilis. Practice safe sex.
- Avoid drinking alcoholic beverages because it can make it less effective and reduce your ability to get an erection.
- Do not drink grapefruit juices, as this can increase the level of medicine in your blood.
- Do not take Tadalafil if you have:
- Had a heart attack in the last three months
- High blood pressure
- An eye condition called arteritic anterior ischemic optic neuropathy
- Low blood pressure
- A heart disorder such as unstable angina that occurs during sex, an irregular heartbeat, severe heart failure
- You are taking any form of nitrate medications
- This ED drug is not suitable for women and adolescents below 18 years of age.
- Extra monitoring and a lower dose are needed for people with:
- A risk factor for heart disease
- Men with abnormalities in the penis such as scarring or severe curvature.
- Who are taking high blood pressure medications
- Men with an increased risk of getting a prolonged erection
- Bone marrow cancer, or sickle cell disease.