Uses of Sildenafil
Sildenafil is primarily used to treat erectile dysfunction or ED in men. This blue pill is known for its ability to help men get an erection in response to sexual stimulation.
Erectile dysfunction or ED is a condition where men can’t achieve and maintain an erection or keep one that lasts long and firm enough to have a satisfying sexual experience. ED happens due to a decrease in blood flow to the penis. Erectile dysfunction is a growing concern now in the US. According to studies conducted, nearly 3 out of 5 men in the US have had impotence. It affects 50% of men older than 40 years of age.
How does it work?
Sildenafil belongs to the group of drugs known as phosphodiesterase (PDE) inhibitors. PDE is a heterogenic class of drug that delay the enzymes called phosphodiesterase from working too quickly. It works by blocking the enzyme that promotes GMP breakdown in the smooth muscle cells that lines the blood vessels of various tissues. Erection happens via a complex of chain events involving signals from the brain and the release of enzymes within the tissue of the penis. One of the enzymes is GMP. Blocking the enzyme help relaxes and widens the blood vessels in the penis. As the blood vessel relaxes, blood can flow freely; thus, it facilitates erection with sexual stimulation.
How much Sildenafilto take?
The recommended dose of Cenforce for the treatment of erectile dysfunction:
- Men up to 65 years of age: Take 50mg of Sildenafil tablet 1 hour before sexual intercourse. Alternatively, you can take medicine 30 minutes to 4 hours before sexual activity.
- Men 65 years of age and older: Take 25mg 1 hour before you plan to have sex. You do not have to take it every day. You can take it when you need it.
You may take Sildenafil with or without food, but it’s best to take it on an empty stomach. Taking it with a meal will take the drug longer to start working.
How quickly does Sildenafil work?
Sildenafil usually starts to work within 30 to 60 minutes after administration. If you are relaxed and sexually aroused, the effect could take sooner. You can take it anywhere from 30 minutes to 4 hours before sexual activity.
How long does Sildenafil last?
How long Sildenafil lasts depends on factors like your overall health, age, and what you have eaten. Typically, It can last up to 4 hours, but this doesn’t mean that your erection should last that long. Many users say that it begins to wear off with 2 to 3 hours. However, some have reported it lasts for up to 5 hours.
Tips for taking Sildenafil safely and effectively
- It requires sexual stimulation to work. It won’t work if you are not sexually aroused.
- Do not take it more than once in any 24 hours.
- You may need to take Sildenafil a few times before it starts to work for you. If you have taken it several times and still haven’t got an erection, stop taking the drug and consult with your doctor.
- Drinking grapefruit juices while taking Sildenafil can increase this drug’s level in your blood and increase the risk of side effects.
- A glass or two of your favorite alcoholic beverages to unwind before sexual activity should be fine. Drinking more than two glasses could make the drug less effective and reduce your ability to get an erection.
- It can’t cure erectile dysfunction nor increase sexual desire. It only helps relaxes the muscles and increases blood flow in the penis to cause an erection.
- Do not take it if:
- You have severe liver problems
- You have a degeneration of the back of the eyeball such as retinitis pigmentosa
- You have had a heart attack or stroke in the last six months
- You have recently taken nitrates like Nitroglycerin, Isordil, or Imdur.
- You have a very low blood pressure
- Sildenafil is not suitable for use by women or anyone 18 years of age and below.